Scripps Ranch High School
SRCA March 2014 Newsletter
have been busy at Scripps Ranch High School!
The fabulous “Taste of the Ranch”
fundraiser at Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club on February 21stt
was a huge success. The parent support
at SRHS could not be any better and we are deeply appreciative of everyone’s
efforts. Without our parents and
community, we could not serve our students in the manner that they deserve and
we can’t say “thank you” enough.
Extracurricular activities abound at SRHS. Please stop by to support either a sports
team or one of our visual and performing arts presentations, dance, drama,
orchestra or band.
academic help? The Peer Tutoring Club offers tutoring in all
subject areas for all students after school in the library on Tuesdays
and Thursdays from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Drop in any time you’d like assistance. For those who already ride the bus, bus
transportation is provided.
Administrative Team and Governance/School Site Council Committees have approved
our 2014-2015 budget. Student success is
our top priority.
H. Leigh Francisco has been chosen to represent SRHS in the district’s Teacher
of the Year event. Congratulations and
California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) will be given to all 10th
grade students on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18 and 19. This exam is one of the graduation
requirements students will have to pass in order to receive a diploma. Both days are minimum days with classes
dismissed at 11:30 a.m.
dates to remember:
Articulation continues through March
- March 1 Honors Theater Production, “Snapshot” @ 2:00 PM in the theater
- March 1 Jazz Band @ City College
- March 1-3 Robotics Competition
- March 6-8 Robotics Competition
- March 11 Community College Presentation @ 2:30 PM in the library
- March 12 Powderpuff Football game @ 5:00 PM in the stadium
- March 12 Band Spring Concert @ 6:30 PM in the theater
- March 13 Orchestra/Choir Spring Concert @ 6:30 PM in the theater
- March 14 Spring Dance @ 8:00 – 11:00 PM in the quad
- March 14-17 Culinary Arts Pro-Start Competition
- March 18-19 Minimum Days, classes end at 11:30 AM
- March 22 ROTC Ball at the Town & Country Inn
- March 24 Area-wide Music Concert @ 6:30 PM in the gym
- March 27 Mr. Scripps Ranch Pageant @ 6:30 PM in the theater
- March 28 Minimum Day, classes end at 11:30 AM
- March 28 ASVAB Testing 12:15 – 3:15 PM
- March 31-April 4 Spring Break/School closed
- April 7 Classes resume
for the most updated news and events.
Menna, SRHS Principal